Thursday, March 7, 2013

"This Has Gluten In it?"

We all know that food can contain gluten, but, you'd be amazed at what else contains gluten. Here is a list of items that contain gluten:

1) Envelope Glue.
I was shocked when I found this out. I almost didn't believe my dietitian when she told me, but, it's true. So, if you have Celiac Disease, make sure you use the envelopes that don't require licking it shut

2) Stamps
It's no surprise that stamps would have gluten in it either, since envelope glue contains gluten. Luckily stamps that you have to lick have become a thing of the past.

3) Toothpaste
Yes, toothpaste does, in fact, contain gluten. 

4) Chapstick
During the winter months, we are desperate for chap stick, so we go to the store and grab any kind of chap stick without reading the ingredients. If you have Celiac Disease, make sure you read the labels on chap stick, or you will be dealing with more than just the flu this winter.

5) Playing Clay
This is still a shock to me. If you have children with Celiac Disease, do your homework on the clay before you let your little ones play with it.

6) Make up
Ladies, again, read the labels on make up before you purchase it.


I am still gathering up information on which products contain gluten in it. Once I gather the information, I will write it up in another blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment